25 June 2015

The Confederate Flag Controversy

8 Tamuz 5775


Yahoo news posted this photo with an article by some Georgetown professor which I chose not to read. Why waste my time? Until now, I have not commented on this controversy, but since it is obviously being manipulated by The Powers That Be (TPTB) - the NWO gang - I decided it was time to take a public position.

To give you a clue where I come from, the phrase "damn yankees" was often heard in the home where I grew up.

When I was still in school, revisionist history and PC language had not yet come into vogue. I actually got a good education with what I believe to be a fair and accurate view of events which at that time were only 100 years distant.

My response to this Yahoo photo is as follows:

Southerners never claimed to be a master race, never invaded another country or attempted to take over the world or exterminate an entire people. Many Southerners opposed slavery. Slavery was not the core issue of the Civil War - States Rights were. Our ancestors fought to preserve the original vision of the founding fathers where the majority of the power rested with the individual states and NOT with the federal government. The Confederacy fought to preserve the right of individual states to decide issues like slavery (and today gay marriage and abortion) at the state level and not be dictated to from the Federal level. Just think, if we'd won back then, it would have set the NWO process back a long ways. They had big plans for America - plans which required that the Union be preserved at all costs.

Today, I fly this flag on my blog in honor of my ancestors, none of whom owned slaves, but who fought a good fight for a noble cause...

Corporal William H. Branson
Company A, North Carolina
Van Buren Regiment, 2nd Infantry Battalion
Army - Confederate States of America

William Lamar Collins
Angelina, Texas
Army - Confederate States of America

Jacob A. Richardson
Company B, Simpson County, Mississippi
Speights Battalion, Heavy Artillery
Army - Confederate States of America

16 comments:

  1. Binyamin said Jade Helm was about taking over this part of the US (the south) because people there are against the federal government and they own guns. It looks to me like this event in Charleston could be used to further the goal of taking away the guns and delegitimizing southerners and their anti-federal government sentiments.

    - a voice in the wilderness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. As a kid in So. Calif., we were all taught that slavery was the core issue of the Civil War.

    I hadn't really thought too much about it, until recently.

    I do remember that in the beginning of the U. S. the Federalists were for a strong centralized gov't, and the Dem-Repub's favored states' power. Of course, the bicameral legislative system was the "compromise." A lot of Americans still do not understand why it's fair that Hawaii and Rhode Island each have 2 senators. It's for the sake of state's rights, and say in Federal decisions.

    Now it's all reversed for some reason.

    I do not believe that it is a coincidence that the 10th Amendment has not been mentioned much in recent Supreme Court decisions. It has not even been brought up by the plaintiffs.

    The Tenth Amendment Center
    "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

    I mention this because of your mention of the real core issues of the Civil War.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for adding this. I cringe to think that succeeding generations of American children have probably not been taught anything about the Civil War. I'd bet that if you asked them to tell you something about the consequences of Reconstruction, they'd just go "huh?" And if you mentioned the terms "carpet baggers and scalawags", yo'd get a blank lopok in return. I mean some aspects of history, which if taught honestly, might create division in the minds of children, so why bring it up now, right???

      Delete
    2. I admit that my upbringing in Texas where we still celebrated Texas Independence Day as a state holiday even when I was in high school and my identification as a Southerner with relatives who fought for the South in the War Between the States made it very easy for me to renounce my American citizenship. I really never held the US in such fond regard as those who were brainwashed into it. The Feds were too controlling for my tastes. I was very happy to sever my ties to that country.

      Delete
    3. Even way back when, when I was a liberal, I didn't not understand how the Feds could dictate to states how they should legislate on issues such as abortion, etc. Ronald Reagan used a clever strategy to get all states to raise the drinking age to 21. He would have withheld Fed. money from states which did not comply. Guess what. They all ended up complying in the end.

      I know that in Hawaii this is still a serious question whether the Queen's hand over of the islands to the U. S. was perhaps coerced and "illegal."

      In California, which was independent at one point was also handed over to the U. S., or something like that. Did this have the consent of the people? Hmm... (The state flag still says "California Republic" on it.)

      Of course, the predominantly liberal California does not have the independent movements that other states do. Surprisingly, apparently Vermont has the biggest movement there.

      Delete
  3. I'm very intrigued by this dialog. I never ever knew this side of history. I somehow thought that all Americans are basically on the same page when it comes to our History and its civil wars...

    Sarah G K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are still very strong feelings about it among the older generations in the South, those who have been there for a few generations. Some of them still think of themselves as "Johnny Rebs".

      Delete
  4. http://www.civilwar.org/education/history/civil-war-overview/statesrights.html?referrer=https://www.google.co.il/

    - a voice in the wilderness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. A final comment: Who can possibly believe that the political and financial heavy-weights in the United States government in 1861 would instigate such a horrendous war for a moral issue like slavery? In actuality, it was all about power - domination and control - and the usual benefit of war wherever it occurs - financial windfall.

      Delete
  5. I am in agreement with you. As a Jew, you should know that the Confederate flag is composed of St. Andrew's cross. I like and respect the South and their heritage. But I avoid displaying or owning their flag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked it up and you are right, Shimshon. I'll bear that in mind in the future, although I don't anticipate ever having occasion to go through this all again. I probably wouldn't have brought it up here and now except for the outlandish pairing of the Confederate flag with the Nazi flag!

      I think "Voice" up above has the best take on this whole affair.

      Delete
    2. Yes, it was a sickening comparison.

      Delete
  6. It seems that some people, especially in Texas, still haven't given up on dreams of secession. Now Russia is offering to help them?

    http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/06/vladimir-putin-texas-secession-119288.html#.VY0-Zhuqqkq

    - a voice in the wilderness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear this is but a ruse to draw out those most likely to resist government tyranny so they can be dealt with in the Fema camps. :-(

      Delete
  7. posted by Under The Sun:

    http://civilwarhome.com/benjaminbio.htm

    Judah Benjamin - Attorney General of the Confederate States of America, and so much more

    Ulysses S. Grant - whose first order as U.S. President was for all Jews to be evicted from the Dept. of State

    Read and weep, all you who've been brainwashed

    ReplyDelete