1. A prayer of Moses, the man of God. O Lord, You have been our dwelling place throughout all generations.
2. Before the mountains were born, and You brought forth the earth and the inhabited world, and from everlasting to everlasting, You are God.
3. You bring man to the crushing point, and You say, "Return, O sons of men."
4. For a thousand years are in Your eyes like yesterday, which passed, and a watch in the night.
5. You carry them away as a flood; they are like a sleep; in the morning, like grass it passes away.
6. In the morning, it blossoms and passes away; in the evening, it is cut off and withers.
7. For we perish from Your wrath, and from Your anger we are dismayed.
8. You have placed our iniquities before You, [the sins of] our youth before the light of Your countenance.
9. For all our days have passed away in Your anger; we have consumed our years as a murmur.
10. The days of our years because of them are seventy years, and if with increase, eighty years; but their pride is toil and pain, for it passes quickly and we fly away.
11. Who knows the might of Your wrath, and according to Your fear is Your anger.
12. So teach the number of our days, so that we shall acquire a heart of wisdom.
13. Return, O Lord, how long? And repent about Your servants.
14. Satiate us in the morning with Your loving-kindness, and let us sing praises and rejoice with all our days.
15. Cause us to rejoice according to the days that You afflicted us, the years that we saw evil.
16. May Your works appear to Your servants, and Your beauty to their sons.
17. And may the pleasantness of the Lord our God be upon us, and the work of our hands establish for us, and the work of our hands establish it.