Some men achieve greatness in this life - as it is measured by the world. Some people are dazzled by this perceived "greatness", the celebrity of such men, whether they be successful businessmen, statesmen, politicians, or anyone who commands headlines in the mass media. Every kind of grace is granted to such a person in situations where a lesser man would be held to a different standard.
One such man is the former Deputy Defense Minister, former Minister of Immigrant Absorption, former Minister of Transportation, former Information Minister, former Minister of Defense, former Prime Minister, former Minister of Finance, former Foreign Minister, former Minister of Regional Cooperation, former President of Israel, founder of the Peres Center for Peace: Shimon Peres.
Director General of the Defense Ministry during the Ringworm Children Affair and the Yemenite Children Affair, the Prime Minister of Israel who ordered the betrayal of Jonathan Pollard, the Israeli Foreign Minister who secretly (and illegally) negotiated with the PLO and signed the Oslo Accords, who brokered the transfer of Jerusalem to the Vatican, the Vice Premier of Israel who enabled the Expulsion of Jews from Gaza, Retired President of Israel who advocates the expulsion of Jews from Judea and Samaria, promoter of a World Religion with the Pope at its head: Shimon Peres.
Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, recipient of honorary knighthood, Knight Grand Cross of the Order of St Michael and St George from Queen Elizabeth II in Buckingham Palace in London, who is suspected of having a hand in the assassination of Prime Minister Yitzchak Rabin as well as the false accusations against and unjust imprisonment of former President Moshe Katsav: Shimon Peres.
This Shimon Peres was struck down by a stroke a week after getting a pacemaker implanted. The secular date was September 13, 2016 - 23 years to the day (September 13, 1993) of the signing of the Oslo Accords on the White House lawn.
Rabbis are calling for the Israeli public to say prayers for his full and quick recovery. I have assembled a few verses of scripture to be read on his behalf:
1. For every deed God will bring to judgment - for every hidden thing, whether good or bad. (Koheleth 12:14)
2. Men of evil do not understand judgment, but those who seek the Lord understand everything. (Mishlei 28:5)
3. For You are not a God Who desires wickedness; evil does not abide with You. (Tehillim 5:5)
4. Evil will kill the wicked, and those who hate the righteous shall be accounted guilty. (Tehillim 34:22)
5. You destroy speakers of lies; the Lord abhors a man of blood and deceit. (Tehillim 5:7)
6. A ruler who lacks understanding is a great oppressor,.... (Mishlei 28:16)
7. Your enemies will be clothed with shame, and the tent of the wicked shall be no more. (Iyov 8:22)
8. When the wicked rise up, people hide; but when they perish, the righteous increase. (Mishlei 28:28)
IMHO: As the fate of Shimon Peres goes, so goes the fate of the Erev Rav.