27 September 2020

YOM KIPPUR 5781 - "Ki Anu Amecha"

9 Tishrei 5781
Erev Yom Hakippurim

To all whom I may have offended or hurt over this past year, I beg your forgiveness as it was entirely unintentional.  My prayer is that I may be forgiven as I have freely forgiven all who have wronged, offended or hurt me.

This is my favorite piyut of the Yom Kippur service.  I love the words...

May our fast be easy and our atonement be complete.  Chag sameach!

R. NIR BEN ARTZI ON EREV YOM KIPPUR 5781: "On this Day of Atonement, every single Jew must ask the Creator of the world for our righteous Messiah. A Jew who is connected to Judaism and tradition will seek our righteous Messiah now in mercy! HaKadosh-Baruch-Hu believes in His children, the people of Israel, in their prayers on this special Yom Kippur, that they will ask for the Messianic King at the closing time! Let them ask for the Messianic King at the time of Neilah! That's the main thing!"
See also: Songs for the Soul – Preparing for Yom Kippur

No comments:

Post a Comment