7 Tishrei 5784
Erev Shabbat Shuvah
What is it about this time of year that brings the nations' notice upon us?
...The reading of the haftara of Gog and Magog on Shabbat Chol Ha-mo’ed Sukkot is not merely a custom, but an obligation of Talmudic law. The gemara in Megilla (31a) mentions it along with the other haftarot read on the various holidays to this very day; we thus see that Chazal already saw an essential connection between the prophecy and the festival.
...Zekharia describes the war over Jerusalem as a war conducted against Israel by nations that oppose the Jewish People's national and religious aspirations. They do not want Israel to dwell securely in their land; rather, they covet it for themselves, and they therefore come to fight against Israel with imperialistic and aggressive geo-political objectives....the war against Gog and Magog is also understood as a war fought for the sanctification of God's name, and the battle against the nations who have assembled together for war against Jerusalem is a battle for the sanctification of God's name. (Source)
The War of GoguMagog has already begun...
- The United Nations came into existence on October 24, 1945. It holds its General Assembly every year beginning in September.
- The United Nations voted to partition the Land of Israel into "two separate states, one Jewish and one Arab, to be joined in economic union, with the Jerusalem-Bethlehem region as an enclave under international administration," on November 29, 1947.
- The Yom Kippur War was launched on October 6, 1973.
- The Camp David Peace Accords were signed between Israel and Egypt on September 17, 1978.
- The International Christian Embassy-Jerusalem was dedicated on September 30, 1980.
- The Madrid Peace Conference took place starting October 30, 1991.
- The Oslo Peace Accords were signed between the PLO and Israel on September 13, 1993.
- The Peace Treaty between Jordan and Israel was signed on October 26, 1994.
- The Second Intifada broke out on September 29, 2000.
- The Abraham Accords were signed on September 15, 2020.
Is the "Saudi Normalization" agreement next?
|(Click Image to Enlarge)|
Ominous warnings...Israeli tanks fire at Syrian positions on Golan Heights in first since '73 war
Wider conflict could be result of clashes between Israel and Palestinians
There is no better time of year for them to come for us. We are on our best behavior at this time of year. We are as good as we can get at this time of year.
...When the Most High gave nations their lot, when He separated the sons of man, He set up the boundaries of peoples according to the number of the children of Israel. Because the Lord's portion is His people Jacob, the lot of His inheritance. (Parashat Ha'azinu, Devarim 32.8-9)
...Return, O Israel, to the Lord your God, for you have stumbled in your iniquity. Take words with yourselves and return to the Lord. Say, "You shall forgive all iniquity and teach us the good way, and let us render for bulls the offering of our lips. (Haftarah Ha'azinu, Hoshea 14.2-3)...Who is a God like You, Who forgives iniquity and passes over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not maintain His anger forever, for He desires loving-kindness. He shall return and grant us compassion; He shall hide our iniquities, and You shall cast into the depths of the sea all their sins. You shall give the truth of Jacob, the loving-kindness of Abraham, which You swore to our forefathers from days of yore. (Haftarah Ha'azinu, Michah 7.18-20)
SHABBAT SHALOM AND CHAG SAMEACH!