"Egypt" Loses Its Power Over Israel on the 15th of Nissan

"...and on the 15th of Nisan they will in the future be redeemed from subjugation to exile.” (Tanhuma, Bo 9)

05 March 2019

Zehut - Whose Identity? Not Jewish!

29 Adar I 5779

I knew Zehut was not for me. I've been opposed to Moshe Feiglin almost since the beginning of his political career. But, I gave him the benefit of the doubt because I really thought his party did at least represent Jewish identity, as it purports to; however, I was wrong.

In a recent mailing, he bragged that his party includes "atheists" among its representatives.  

Where is the Jewish identity in that?


(H/T Rabbi Yehudah Richter)

And now, today, I read that another person on the party list speaks against circumcision.

Where is the Jewish identity without that?
Who is the Star of the Net who joins Feiglin's identity party?

...known for his performances against religion and mockery of faith....

Candidate for the 'identity' party against circumcision

A video that has been running on the Internet in recent hours presents the candidate for the Knesset's identity party, Gadi Vilcharsky, explaining to the parents why not to circumcise their children. Eli Yishai: "I am shocked."

..."I was shocked to see that the candidate of the identity party, Gadi Vilcharsky, calls on parents not to circumcise their children, r"l. Even Lapid did not dare to challenge the Torah of Israel," Yachad chairman Eli Yishai said. This is not identity, but an erasure of Jewish identity, a true right party is committed to caring for the people of Israel, the Land of Israel and, above all, the Torah of Israel."
Before I suggested in a recent post that Zehut was an acceptable choice even though it would not be my choice, I should have re-read my earlier posts on the subject.  (See here and here.)

I hope this corrects my earlier mistake.