"Egypt" Loses Its Power Over Israel on the 15th of Nissan

"...and on the 15th of Nisan they will in the future be redeemed from subjugation to exile.” (Tanhuma, Bo 9)

01 September 2008

Hashem's Wonders




Reported wind gusts of 117 mph blast southern Louisiana as intense squall lines from Category 3 Hurricane Gustav lash the region after a historic evacuation









[PERSONAL NOTE: I grew up on the Texas Gulf Coast and still have family there. Hurricanes are in my blood. They never lose their thrill. The first one in my memory is Hurricane Carla from 1961. It was during this storm that I lived through my first tornado.]

2 comments:

  1. I also remember seeing a tornado or two back in the old country. I remember that a friend from school, whose father is a veterinarian, had the roof of the veterinary building sucked off by a tornado.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurricanes were exciting, but I was terrified of tornadoes until after I made aliyah. I am thankful to Hashem that Eretz Yisrael is not subject to violent bouts of weather.

    ReplyDelete