4 Nisan 5772
2. God is for us a shelter and a strength, a help in troubles; He is very accessible.
3. Therefore we will not fear when the earth changes and when mountains totter into the heart of seas.
4. His waters shall stir and be muddied; mountains shall quake from His pride forever. .
5. But as for the river-its rivulets shall cause the city of God, the holy place of the dwellings of the Most High, to rejoice.
6. God is in its midst that it should not totter; God shall help it as morning approaches.
7. Nations have stirred, kingdoms have tottered; He let out His voice, the earth shall melt.
8. The Lord of Hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress forever.
9. Go and see the works of the Lord, that He has wrought devastation in the earth.
1. The Lord has reigned, the earth will exult; many islands will rejoice.
2. Cloud and thick darkness are around Him; righteousness and judgment are the foundation of His throne.
3. Fire will go before Him and will burn His enemies all around.
4. His lightnings illuminated the world; the earth saw and quaked.
5. Mountains melted like wax from before the Lord, from before the Master of all the earth.
1. The word that Isaiah, son of Amoz, prophesied concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
2. And it shall be at the end of the days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be firmly established at the top of the mountains, and it shall be raised above the hills, and all the nations shall stream to it.
...19. And they shall come into the caves of the rocks and into the hollows of the earth, because of the fear of the Lord and because of the splendor of His pride, when He rises to break the earth.
6. Lament, for the day of the Lord is near; like a raid from the Almighty it shall come.
7. Therefore, all hands shall grow feeble, and the heart of every mortal shall melt.
8. And they shall panic; pangs and throes shall seize them; like a woman in confinement they shall writhe; each man shall be amazed at his fellow; their faces are faces of flames.
9. Behold, the day of the Lord is coming, cruel with wrath and burning anger, to make the land desolate, and its sinners He shall destroy from it.
10. For the stars of the heavens and its constellations shall not allow their light to illuminate, the sun has become dark in its going forth, and the moon shall not shine its light.
11. And I will visit evil upon the earth, and upon the wicked their iniquity; and I will cut off the pride of the presumptuous, and the arrogance of the tyrants I will humble.
12. I will make mortal man dearer than fine gold, and man [dearer] than the collection of the gold of Ophir.
13. Therefore, I will make heaven quake, and the earth will quake out of its place, because of the anger of the Lord of Hosts, and on the day of His burning wrath.
18. …for windows from above have been opened and the foundations of the earth have trembled.
19. The earth has broken; the earth has crumbled; the earth totters.
20. The earth sways like a drunken man, and it sways like a lodge, and its transgression shall weigh down upon it, and it shall fall and not continue to rise.
21. And it shall come to pass on that day, that the Lord shall visit punishment upon the host of heaven on high and upon the kings of the earth on the earth.
22. And they shall be gathered a gathering [as] prisoners into a dungeon, and they shall be shut up in the prison, and [sins] of many days shall be visited [upon them].
23. And the moon shall be ashamed and the sun shall be abashed, for the Lord of Hosts has reigned in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, and before His elders will be glory.
25. And there shall be on every high mountain and on every raised hill, canals, rivulets of water, on the day of the great slaying, when the great ones fall.
26. And the light of the moon shall be like the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold as the light of the seven days, on the day the Lord shall bind the fracture of His people, and the stroke of their wound He shall heal.
1. Nations, come near to hear, and kingdoms, hearken. The earth and the fullness thereof, the world and all its offspring.
2. For the Lord has indignation against all the nations and wrath against all their host. He has destroyed them; He has given them to the slaughter.
3. And their slain ones shall be thrown, and their corpses-their stench shall rise, and mountains shall melt from their blood.
4. And all the host of heaven shall melt, and the heavens shall be rolled like a scroll, and all their host shall wither as a leaf withers from a vine, and as a withered [fig] from a fig tree.
5. For My sword has become sated in the heaven. Behold, it shall descend upon Edom, and upon the nation with whom I contend, for judgment.
6. The Lord's sword has become full of blood, made fat with fatness, from the blood of lambs and goats, from the fat of the kidneys of rams, for the Lord has a slaughter in Bozrah and a great slaughter in the land of Edom.
7. And wild oxen shall go down with them, and bulls with fat bulls, and their land shall be sated from blood, and their dust shall become saturated from fat.
8. For it is a day of vengeance for the Lord, a year of retribution for the plea of Zion.
9. And its streams shall turn into pitch and its dust into sulfur, and its land shall become burning pitch.
10. By night and by day, it shall not be extinguished; its smoke shall ascend forever and ever; from generation to generation it shall be waste, to eternity, no one passing through it.
19. You shall no longer have the sun for light by day, and for brightness, the moon shall not give you light, but the Lord shall be to you for an everlasting light, and your God for your glory.
20. Your sun shall no longer set, neither shall your moon be gathered in, for the Lord shall be to you for an everlasting light, and the days of your mourning shall be completed.
23. I saw the earth, and behold, it was void and unformed, and the heavens, and they had no light.
24. I saw the mountains, and behold, they were quaking, and all the hills moved to and fro.
25. I saw, and behold, there were no people, and all the fowl of the heavens wandered away.
26. I saw, and behold, the fruitful field became a desert, and all its cities were destroyed because of the Lord, because of His fierce anger.
27. For so says the Lord: All the land shall be a desolation, but I will not make an end.
28. For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above shall darken, for that which I spoke as I had planned, I did not regret and I will not turn back from it.
2. "Son of man, lift up a lamentation over Pharaoh the king of Egypt, and you shall say to him: You resembled a young lion among the nations but you are like a crocodile in the seas, and you went out with your rivers, and you sullied the water with your feet, and you trod their rivers.
3. So said the Lord God: I shall spread My net over you in the congregation of many peoples, and they will draw you up with My net.
4. And I shall scatter you on the earth; upon the face of the field I shall cast you, and I shall cause all the fowl of the heavens to rest upon you, and I shall sate the beasts of all the earth with you.
5. And I shall lay your flesh upon the mountains, and I shall fill the valleys with what is cast off from you.
6. And I shall water with your blood the land where you float, even to the mountains, and the streams will fill up from you.
7. And with your smoke I will cover the heavens, and I will darken their stars; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon will not shine its light.
8. All the bright lights in the heavens-I will darken them because of you, and I will cast darkness upon your land, says the Lord God.
20. And at My presence, the fishes of the sea and the birds of the heaven and the beasts of the field and all the creeping things that creep upon the earth and all the men who are upon the surface of the earth shall quake, and all the mountains shall be thrown down, and the cliffs shall fall to the ground.
1. Sound a shophar in Zion and sound an alarm in My holy mountain; all the inhabitants of the land shall quake, for the day of the Lord has come, for it is near.
2. A day of darkness and gloom, a day of cloud and thick darkness, like the dawn spread over the mountains; a numerous and mighty people, the like of which has never been, and after it there shall be no more until the years of the generations.
... 10. Before it the earth quakes, the heavens tremble; the sun and moon darken, and the stars withdraw their shining.
3. And I will perform signs in the heavens and on the earth: Blood, fire, and pillars of smoke.
4. The sun shall turn to darkness, and the moon to blood, prior to the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.
9. And it shall come to pass on that day, says the Lord God, that I will cause the sun to set at midday, and I will darken the land on a sunny day.
3. For behold, the Lord comes forth from His place, and He shall descend and tread upon the high places of the earth.
4. And the mountains shall melt under Him, and the valleys shall split-as wax before fire, as water poured down a steep place.
1. And it shall be at the end of the days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be firmly established at the top of the mountains, and it shall be raised above the hills,….
3. The Lord is slow to anger and great in power, but He will surely not acquit; the Lord-His way is with a tempest and with a storm? and cloud is the dust of His feet.
4. He rebukes the sea and dries it up, and He has dried up all the rivers; Bashan and Carmel are cut off, and the blossoms of the Lebanon are cut off.
5. Mountains quaked because of him and the hills melted, and the land raised up from before Him-and the inhabited earth and all who dwell thereon.
6. Who can stand before His fury and who can rise amidst His wrath? His wrath has reached [the earth] like fire, and the rocks have been broken up by Him.
19. For lo, the sun comes, glowing like a furnace, and all the audacious sinners and all the perpetrators of wickedness will be stubble. And the sun that comes shall burn them up so that it will leave them neither root nor branch, says the Lord of Hosts.
20. And the sun of mercy shall rise with healing in its wings for you who fear My Name. ….
6. And it shall come to pass on that day that there shall be no light, only disappearing light and thick darkness.
10. The whole earth shall be changed to be like a plain, from the hill of Rimmon in the south of Jerusalem; but it [Jerusalem] will be elevated high and remain in its old place;….
2. I will totally destroy everything from off the face of the earth, says the Lord.
3. I will totally destroy man and beast; I will totally destroy the fowl of the heavens, and the fish of the sea, and the stumbling blocks with the wicked; and I will cut off man from the face of the earth, says the Lord.
...14. The great day of the Lord is near; it is near and hastens greatly, the sound of the day of the Lord, wherein the mighty man cries bitterly.
15. That day is a day of wrath; a day of trouble and distress; a day of ruin and desolation; a day of darkness and gloom; a day of clouds and thick darkness;....
...17. And I will bring distress upon men, and they shall walk like the blind, for they have sinned against the Lord. And their blood shall be shed like dust, and their flesh like dung.
18. Neither their silver nor their gold will be able to save them on the day of the Lord's wrath. And with the fire of His passion the entire land shall be consumed; for an end, yea, a sudden end, He shall make of all the inhabitants of the land.