"Egypt" Loses Its Power Over Israel on the 15th of Nissan

"...and on the 15th of Nisan they will in the future be redeemed from subjugation to exile.” (Tanhuma, Bo 9)

18 December 2016

"Esau Will Don A Tallit"

18 Kislev 5777

Before we leave Eisav behind and move on with the story of Yosef in the weekly parshiot, here is a reminder of who Eisav has become. According to the Midrash...
IN THE FUTURE ESAU WILL DON A TALLIT

In the future, Esau will wrap himself in a tallis, sit down next to Yakov and say to him, "You are my brother"....Yakov will say to him, "My brother, you will not be like me. I will lead you to death, I will be the pestilence that leads you to Sheol (Hoshea 13,14). Had I upheld decrees that you promulgated against me, I would have been guilty at the eyes of Heaven. Had I violated them, you would have killed me (Yalkut Shimoni, Yirmiahu 333).

"That was Esau's intention when he told Yakov, 'Let us travel together and I will go before you' (Genesis 33,12). He wanted them to join together in both this world and the world to come, to meet each other halfway, with each modifying his conduct until they were alike (Yalkut Shimoni, Genesis 133).
In other words, if they can't beat us (over 2000 years), they'll join us (insincerely, of course) in order to subvert us from within and assimilate us into non-existence.





THE FUTURE IS NOW.