04 November 2019

"The Holy Hunchback"

6 Marcheshvan 5780

As posted to Facebook...
אהרן רזאל - Aaron Razel
October 30 at 3:34 PM ·
I knew the story of the Holy Hunchback as told by Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach for twenty years, and it literally changed my life. it effected anybody who had heard this story.

Last year I was drawn to my piano again and again Composing and arranging the story in to a song, It came out last year and since then I’ve been preforming it in schools and diffrent concerts all over Israel.

What a zchut to sing together with thousands of kids in Israel the sentence “the greatest thing in the world is to do a favor for ... somebody else”.

I’m so happy to release, l'kavod the yahrtziet of the piaseczno rav on dalet cheshvan this year, the English version of the song and also l'kavod the 25th yahrziet of rav Shlomo Carlebach coming up this Month.

Good Shabbos, Good Shabbos!
Aaron Razel


Coming across this today put me in remembrance of the first time I ever heard Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach.  It was late one night - maybe around 1979 - years before I would begin to investigate the Lie that is Christianity and the Truth that is Judaism.  I was listening to a radio program and heard the story of "Yossele from Krakow."  I'd never heard anything like it before.  I was so touched it brought tears to my eyes that ran down my face.  Now, I understand why.  I never recall Rabbi Shlomo without thinking of this story.  His memory will always be a blessing.

Yossele - Rabbi Shlomo's Stories (on Youtube) or in text.

No comments:

Post a Comment