8 Tevet 5772
Yeshayahu- Isaiah - Chapter 59
1. Behold, the hand of the Lord is not too short to save, neither is His ear too heavy to hear.
2. But your iniquities were separating between you and between your God, and your sins have caused [Him] to hide [His] face from you that He not hear.
3. For your hands were defiled with blood and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken falsehood, your tongue mutters injustice.
4. No one calls sincerely, and no one is judged faithfully; trusting in vanity and speaking lies, conceiving injustice and begetting wickedness.
5. They hatched vipers' eggs, and they weave spider webs; whoever eats of their eggs shall die, and what hatches, emerges a viper.
6. Their webs shall not become a garment, neither shall they cover themselves with their deeds; their deeds are works of wickedness, and there is a deed of violence in their hands.
7. Their feet run to evil, and they hasten to shed innocent blood; their thoughts are thoughts of wickedness; robbery and ruin are in their paths.
8. The way of peace they do not know, and there is no justice in their paths; they have made themselves crooked paths; whoever goes on it knows no peace.
9. Therefore, justice is far from us, and righteousness does not overtake us; we hope for light and behold there is darkness, for brightness, but we walk in gloom.
10. We tap a wall like blind men, and like those who have no eyes we tap; we have stumbled at midday like in the darkness of night; [we are] in dark places like the dead.
11. We all growl like bears, and like doves we moan; we hope for justice but there is none, for salvation [but] it has distanced itself from us.
12. For our transgressions against You are many, and our sins have testified against us, for our transgressions are with us, and our iniquities-we know them.
13. Rebelling and denying the Lord, and drawing away from following our God, speaking oppression and perverseness, sprouting and giving forth from the heart words of falsehood.
14. And justice has turned away backward, and righteousness stands from afar, for truth has stumbled in the street, and straightforwardness cannot come.
15. And truth is lacking, and he who turns away from evil is considered mad, and the Lord saw and was displeased for there is no justice.
16. And He saw that there was no man, and He was astounded for there was no intercessor, and His arm saved for Him, and His righteousness, that supported Him.
17. And He donned righteousness like a coat of mail, and a helmet of salvation is upon His hand, and He donned garments of vengeance as His attire, and He was clad with zeal as a cloak.
18. According to their deeds, accordingly He shall repay, fury to His adversaries, recompense to His enemies; to the islands He shall pay recompense.
19. And from the west they shall fear the name of the Lord, and from the rising of the sun, His glory, for distress shall come like a river; the spirit of the Lord is wondrous in it.
20. And a redeemer shall come to Zion, and to those who repent of transgression in Jacob, says the Lord.
21. "As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the Lord. "My spirit, which is upon you and My words that I have placed in your mouth, shall not move from your mouth or from the mouth of your seed and from the mouth of your seed's seed," said the Lord, "from now and to eternity."
Sean Penn To The Rescue
9 minutes ago