10 November 2011

In the Shadow of Iran

13 Cheshvan 5772

What can I say? It's scary, but I'm not afraid. I know Who is in control. But, Iran is very much on my mind as it probably is for all the thinking people of the world. Everyone must on some level sense that something really big is looming. I feel like the last few weeks have been the quiet before the storm. That's why I kept expecting something - something coming from the skies.

I had an unusual dream in March of 2005 - before Aza became a launching base for Hamas missiles in late 2005; before Hezbollah rained down missiles on northern Israel in 2006 and even before Achmadinejad was elected president of Iran. This is how I described it in an email to a friend in April 2005:

It was night-time and I was in a high place overlooking the coastal plain. (The way it looks from Hwy 1 at Sha'ar Haggai, except it was a completely unobstructed view). I could clearly see the city lights from Ashkelon all the way to Haifa. In the area of Tel Aviv-Herzliya, the lights formed a grid of Stars-of-David.

Something bright in the corner of my left eye caught my attention and when I looked, at first, it was a star and then it was the full Moon with wings and it was hovering. As I looked at it, a death's head (skull) spread across it's face as if it was turning from facing the west to look at me. Suddenly it shot off in the direction of the coast, moving from east to west and the words "death comes from the sky" entered my mind.

I was outside under pine trees like in the Jerusalem forest and it was night-time. A woman wearing a snood came along and told me we had to quickly get into shelters underground and I went down a ladder into a hole in the ground, but I felt that we were safe there.

Immediately upon awakening, I had a clear sense of the dream's meaning.

The high place where I am protected is Jerusalem. The connection between the stars of David and Tel Aviv-Herzliya is this---stars of David are the traditional symbol for the modern secular state of Israel and their connection to the Tel Aviv-Herzliya area is obvious. Tel Aviv represents Israeli materialism and abandonment of G-d - the secular state that wants to be like all the other nations. It is where the Defense department is located and from where Israel's wars are managed, signifying reliance on military might. Jerusalem is its opposite---Jewishness as opposed to Israeliness; spirituality and clinging to G-d.

The "flying from east to west" indicates that the danger is coming from the east. It is a missile attack---missiles will rain down from the sky. It could be from Arabs in the cities of Shomron, but my sense was that it would be Iran---Iranian missiles.

The Moon is indicating the time of the attack---the full moon.

So, what intrigues me the most about this dream is that, at that time, there was no logical reason to make an association with Iran. And while the coast from Ashkelon and south and from Haifa and north have been hit, until today, the area betwen Ashkelon and Haifa - which I saw in the dream - has not been hit by missiles.

Today's news is reporting that Israel will attack Iran's nuclear facilities with logistical support from the US either next month or soon after the first of the year 2012. We've been hearing this off and on it seems like forever. I remember when April 2006 was being touted as doomsday for Iran. But, since the IAEA report which came out late Tuesday, the Israeli government now has carte blanche to attack Iran, which it did not possess before. The world is no longer denying that Iran has intent to build and use nuclear weapons.

However, I do not believe that it will happen this way. I have every expectation of an Iranian pre-emptive strike - just like in my dream. If they become convinced that an attack is imminent, why would they wait for it? They believe G-d is on their side. They do not have to consider the political ramifications. Furthermore, if they are to be the ones who bring down Edom, as our sources indicate, they must do so from a position of strength which would not be possible in the aftermath of an Israeli or NATO coalition first-strike.

I am of the opinion, as are others, that Iran already has one or two nukes in reserve that were sold to them by North Korea. (They are the only ones who possess such weapons who are cash-strapped enough to risk it.) I think our government will be caught unawares and this failure, among others, will lead to the downfall of the Erev Rav-lead secular state. (More on that later, iy"H.)

Today, Uncle Sam may think he is going to contribute intelligence and logistical support from the sidelines, but the Creator has in mind to draw him firmly into the thick of it. ("...for I have brought Eisav's calamity upon him, the time when I will call him to account. ...Bozrah will be made desolate, a shame, a ruin and a curse; and all its towns will suffer eternal destruction." Yirmiyahu 49:8, 13)

How might that happen? As I said yesterday, it looks as if the world is being painted into a corner where East and West will end up in the ultimate showdown and Jewish sources corroborate this. (More on this later, too, G-d willing. Time is pressing.)

Bear in mind that the 15th of the month of Cheshvan is Shabbat Kodesh, but the moon will appear to be "full" for a day or two either side of that date. Also, bear in mind that the 17th of Cheshvan is the anniversary of the worldwide deluge - the Mabul -the Flood of Noah.

There are two ways to kasher utensils, either by water or by fire. G-d once purified the world in water and at the End of Days, He will purify it with fire.