15 July 2008

Worst Case Scenario

Word just out is that the cabinet has approved the obscene "prisoner exchange" wherein we release a multiple murderer of Jews, including children, to a welcome home party while we prepare graves for the dead soldiers the government swore to rescue two years ago.

No surprise here. If you want to know the future, just think of the worst case scenario and you won't be far off the mark. The "leadership" is destined to make the worst possible decisions in every instance. We will attack Iran and both the government and the vaunted IDF will fail miserably. Every golden calf must fall before the King of kings---HASHEM.

Jews in chu"l, this is your last call; the last chance to get out and avoid the judgment coming upon Edom. Those who remain there will bear the brunt of blame for the catastrophes to follow. Why put yourselves and your families through it unnecessarily when Hashem has made the Land of Israel like the "ark of Noah?" Some will survive, but many will not while Hashem has made Tzion a refuge.

Last night, I dreamed that I wanted to know who would survive the difficult events which are descending upon us. I was shown a piece of paper like parchment with Hebrew writing. It said simply “Ohavei Hashem”---those who love Hashem.

When I was pondering this, it occurred to me that it is not so simple. What does it mean to love Hashem? We know that the Torah is our ketuba and that the covenant is like a marriage relationship between us and Hashem. When Jewish men put on tefillin, they quote the pasukim: “I will betroth you to Me forever, and I will betroth you to Me with righteousness, justice, kindness, and mercy. I will betroth you to Me with fidelity, and you shall know Hashem.”

First and foremost, a woman who loves her husband would never, ever dream of being unfaithful to him. No one else would even hold any appeal for her. She would have eyes only for him and there would be no space in her heart for anyone else. So, if I claim to love Hashem, it follows that I am completely faithful to Him; my eyes and my affections do not wander towards other things which might come to take priority over my commitment to Hashem and His Torah.

Neither modern ideologies (like democracy), nor modern sensibilities (like false moralism), nor even my own treacherous thoughts will come between me and my Beloved. Children of Israel, you who call yourselves “lovers of Hashem,” examine your hearts well. If betrayal lurks in some small, dark corner of your soul, root it out now and do complete teshuva for it.

It’s not enough to have faith in Hashem, but we must also be faithful to Hashem. And time is running out!

No comments:

Post a Comment